What is not covered by the Ford Warranty?
La cobertura de la garantía se proporciona por cualquier pieza que resulte tener material o mano de obra defectuosa de fábrica durante el período de la garantía. It does not cover damage caused by the environment or alterations and modifications, maintenance and wear items, and other condtions listed below.
Damage resulting when some conditions occur including:
- Accidents, collisions, or objects striking the vehicle.
- Theft, vandalism, or riot.
- Fire or explosion.
- Using contaminated or improper fuel/fluids.
- Driving through water deep enough to cause water to be ingested into the engine.
- Improper maintenance.
Damage caused by use and/or the environment including:
- Stone chips, scratches.
- Dings, dents.
- Road salt, tree sap.
- Lightning, hail, windstorm.
- Freezing, water, or flood.
Damage caused by alteration or modification including:
- Alterations or modifications of the vehicle.
- Tampering with the vehicle.
- Installation or use of non-Ford parts or software such as oversized tires, alarm systems, and automatic starting systems.
Maintenance and wear items including:
- Oil changes.
- Oils, lubricants, and other fluids.
- Engine tune-up.
- Tire rotation/inflation.
- Wiper blades.
- Brake linings/pads.