What do I do if I am having issues with SYNC®* voice commands?
SYNC does not understand what I am saying.
- Verify that your SYNC software is up-to-date.
- Review the phone and media voice commands in your Manual del Propietario to ensure you are using the correct voice commands.
- After pressing the Voice icon, wait until the tone sounds and Listening appears before saying a command. Any command spoken before this will not register.
SYNC does not understand the name of a song or artist.
- Review the media voice commands in your Manual del Propietario to ensure you are using the correct voice commands.
- Say the song or artist exactly as listed on your media device. If you say Play Artist Prince, SYNC will not play music by Prince and the Revolution or Prince and the New Power Generation. Make sure you are saying the complete title, such as California remix featuring Jennifer Nettles.
- If the song titles are in all CAPS, you have to spell them. LOLA requires you to say L-O-L-A.
- Do not use special characters in the title as SYNC will not recognize them.
SYNC does not understand or is calling the wrong contact when I want to make a call.
- Review the phone voice commands in your Manual del Propietario to ensure you are using the correct voice commands.
- Make sure you are saying the contacts exactly as they are listed on your phone. For example, if you save a contact as Joe Wilson, say Call Joe Wilson.
- Have SYNC read the name to you, giving you some idea of the pronunciation SYNC is expecting. Using the SYNC phone menu:
- Open the phonebook.
- Scroll to the name SYNC is having trouble understanding.
- Press the Speaker icon or the Hear It button to the left of the contact's name. SYNC will read you the name.
- The system works better if you list full names, such as Joe Wilson rather than Joe.
- Do not use special characters in the contact name as SYNC will not recognize them.
- If a contact is in CAPS, you have to spell it. JAKE requires you to say Call J-A-K-E.
How do I use voice commands with SYNC?
*Don’t drive while distracted. Usa sistemas operados por voz cuando sea posible; no uses dispositivos portátiles mientras conduces. Es posible que algunas características estén desactivadas cuando el vehículo está en marcha. No todas las características son compatibles con todos los teléfonos.