Cómo limpiar Tu SUV Ford Bronco
El barro en la parrilla es fácil de detectar. El barro en la suspensión, los frenos y los ejes suele pasarse por alto. El barro atascado en el radiador puede ocasionar recalentamiento. El barro seco puede desequilibrar las ruedas. Así que no dejes que el barro condicione tu próxima aventura. Clean your Ford Bronco™ undercarriage thoroughly after every off-road journey.
Is the Ford Bronco SUV Waterproof?
While no Ford Bronco interior can be deemed 100% waterproof, your Bronco vehicle takes every precaution to make sure that, should you get water inside, you can easily get rid of it.
Certain Ford Bronco models feature:
- Rubberized, washable flooring
- Marine-grade vinyl seats that can be wiped down using nonabrasive cleaning agents like Motorcraft® Premium Leather and Vinyl Cleaner
- Drain plugs in the floor that make it easy to release water after cleaning
How to Clean the Ford Bronco Interior
There are recommended steps we suggest you take, depending on your Ford Bronco interior specs.
- Remove dust and loose dirt with a vacuum cleaner
- Remove light stains and soil with Motorcraft Professional Strength Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- If grease or tar is present on the material you're cleaning, spot-clean the area first with Motorcraft Spot and Stain Remover. In Canada, use Motorcraft Multi-Purpose Cleaner
- If a residue ring forms on the fabric after spot cleaning, clean the entire area immediately (but do not oversaturate) or the ring will set
- Do not use household cleaning products or glass cleaners, which can stain and discolor the fabric and affect the flame-retardant properties of the seat materials
- If your factory carpet gets wet, remember there are standard passive drain holes with removable plugs that can help with drying. Leave all the doors open and direct a high-flow fan to help dry. A shop vacuum can also help remove moisture from fabric carpets, if you wish
- If the cabin is flooded, we highly recommend using a shop vacuum or sponging out the area before the air-drying from the fan takes over
For rubber floors: (Note: Do not power wash main flooring)
- Remove dust and loose dirt with a shop vac
- To remove soil, use a cloth dampened with water
- You can use a hose to wash out the floors, but be careful to not get water on the instrument panel
How to Clean the Ford Bronco Instrument Panel
Clean the instrument panel and cluster lens with a clean, damp, soft cloth, then wipe these areas with a dry one. Be careful to only use a minimal amount of water while cleaning the instrumental panel.
- Avoid cleaners or polishes that increase the gloss of the upper portion of the instrument panel. The dull finish in this area helps protect you from undesirable windshield reflection
- Do not use any household cleaning products or glass cleaners as these may damage the finish of the instrument panel, interior trim and cluster lens
Cleaning the Ford Bronco Engine
Engines work best when they are clean because grease and dirt buildup can keep the engine warmer than normal.
- Never wash or rinse the engine while it is hot or running; water in the running engine may cause internal damage
- Never wash or rinse any ignition coil, plug wire or spark plug well, or the area in and around these locations
- Cover the battery, power distribution box and air filter assembly to prevent water damage when cleaning the engine
- Take care when using a power washer to clean the engine. The high pressure could penetrate the sealed parts and cause damage
- Do not spray a hot engine with cold water. Doing so could crack the engine block and/or damage other engine components
- Spray Motorcraft Engine Shampoo and Degreaser on all parts that require cleaning, and pressure rinse clean. In Canada, use Motorcraft Engine Shampoo
Why Clean the Ford Bronco Underbody?
Keeping the underbody of your Ford Bronco SUV free of dirt and other contaminants helps keep all its components operating.
Cleaning Your Ford Bronco SUV at Home
If you’re one to spend a weekend afternoon washing then admiring your Ford Bronco vehicle, then we have some recommendations to get the best shine for your time:
- Wash the vehicle regularly with cool or lukewarm water and a neutral pH shampoo; we recommend Motorcraft Detail Wash
- Never use strong household detergents or soap; for example, dishwashing or laundry liquid. These products can discolor and spot painted surfaces
- Never wash the vehicle when it is hot to the touch, or in strong or direct sunlight
- Dry the vehicle with a chamois or soft terry cloth towel to eliminate water spotting
- Immediately remove fuel spillages, bird droppings, insect deposits and road tar. These may cause damage to the vehicle's paintwork or trim over time. Motorcraft Bug and Tar Remover is recommended
- Remove any exterior accessories, such as antennas, before entering a car wash
Note: Suntan lotions and insect repellents can damage painted surfaces. If these substances come in contact with the vehicle, wash the area as soon as possible.
To view a full list of approved cleaning products, check page 360 of your Ford Bronco Owner's Manual.
How to Clean the Ford Bronco Headlamps
- Do not scrape the headlamp lenses or use abrasives, alcoholic solvents or chemical solvents to clean them
- Do not wipe the headlamps when they are dry
How to Clean the Ford Bronco Wheels
To keep a shine on your wheels, just:
- Regularly clean them with Motorcraft Wheel and Tire Cleaner if available
- Remove dirt and brake dust with a sponge
- Remove tar and grease with Motorcraft Bug and Tar Remover if available
- Thoroughly rinse the wheels with water after cleaning
- Never clean the wheels when they are hot
- Be aware that some commercial car washes may damage wheel rims and covers
- Be cautious with cleaners. Some harsh cleaning products, chrome wheel cleaners or abrasive materials could cause damage
Ford Bronco SUVs that have the available Sasquatch™ Package should not be cleaned at automatic car washes because the Sasquatch tires do not fit automatic tracks. Instead, wash your Bronco SUV by hand or use a touchless commercial wash with no mechanical tracks on the floor.
Tips for Washing Your Ford Bronco SUV
- Wash or wipe your hands clean if you have been in contact with certain products such as insect repellent and suntan lotion to avoid possible damage to the interior painted surfaces
- Do not allow air fresheners and hand sanitizers to spill onto interior surfaces. If a spill occurs, wipe off immediately. Your warranty may not cover resultant damage
If a staining liquid like coffee or juice has been spilled on the instrument panel or on interior trim surfaces:
- Wipe up spilled liquid using a clean, soft cloth as quickly as possible
- Use Motorcraft Premium Leather and Vinyl Cleaner or a commercially available leather cleaning product for automotive interiors. Test any cleaner or stain remover on an inconspicuous area
- Alternatively, wipe the surface with a clean, soft cloth and a mild soap-and-water solution. Dry the area with a clean, soft cloth
- If necessary, apply more soap-and-water solution or cleaning product to a clean, soft cloth and press it onto the soiled area. Allow this to set at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Remove the soaked cloth, then with a clean, damp cloth rub the soiled area for one minute
- Dry the area with a clean, soft cloth
Reminders for Cleaning the Ford Bronco Roof
Ford Bronco SUVs equipped with a soft-top roof (standard for four-door Bronco SUVs) should not be cleaned at automatic car washes since this can potentially scratch the soft-top roof's side windows.
If your Ford Bronco SUV has a hardtop roof, it can be cleaned at a traditional car wash. The hardtop roof is standard on two-door Bronco SUVs.
Tips for cleaning the Ford Bronco hardtop roof:
- Plastic surface conditioners and spray wax/detailer materials may be used
- Avoid cleaning the hardtop roof with anything that could result in scratching the surface, such as power tools/buffers, rubbing and polishing compounds, and paste waxes
- Avoid cleaners containing any other strong solvents (e.g., toluene, acetone). Using cleaners like these may cause permanent damage to the surface of your hardtop
- In all cases, you should verify compatibility in an inconspicuous location before any broad application
Motorcraft® es una marca registrada de Ford Motor Company.