Cómo limpiar Tu SUV Ford Bronco Sport
Pregunta a cualquier entusiasta del todoterreno y te dirá que el camino menos transitado es un poco más polvoriento y más fangoso que tu carretera habitual. For Ford Bronco™ Sport drivers like you, that means taking special care to make sure your vehicle is clean after any off-road adventure. By doing this, you'll not only be maintaining your Bronco Sport vehicle, but you'll also be able to identify any "bumps and bruises" along the way.
Is the Ford Bronco Sport SUV Waterproof?
Ford Bronco Sport is not waterproof. If you get water on the available rubberized flooring, just wipe it down with a towel.
How to Clean the Ford Bronco Sport Interior
There are recommended steps we suggest you take, depending on your Ford Bronco Sport interior finishes.
- Remove dust and loose dirt with a vacuum cleaner
- Remove light stains and soil with Motorcraft® Professional Strength Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- If grease or tar is present on the material you're cleaning, spot-clean the area first with Motorcraft Spot and Stain Remover. In Canada, use Motorcraft Multi-Purpose Cleaner
- If a ring forms on the fabric after spot cleaning, clean the entire area immediately (but do not oversaturate) or the ring will set
- Do not use household cleaning products or glass cleaners, which can stain and discolor the fabric and affect the flame-retardant properties of the seat materials
How to Clean the Ford Bronco Sport Instrument Panel
Clean the instrument panel and cluster lens with a clean, damp, soft cloth, then wipe these areas with a dry one.
- Avoid cleaners or polishes that increase the gloss of the upper portion of the instrument panel. The dull finish in this area helps protect you from undesirable windshield reflection
- Do not use any household cleaning products or glass cleaners as these may damage the finish of the instrument panel, interior trim and cluster lens
- If you have a leather-faced instrument panel, use Motorcraft Premium Leather and Vinyl Cleaner
Cleaning the Ford Bronco Sport Engine
Engines enhance performance when they are clean because grease and dirt buildup can keep the engine warmer than normal.
- Never wash or rinse the engine while it is hot or running; water in the running engine may cause internal damage
- Never wash or rinse any ignition coil, plug wire or spark plug well, or the area in and around these locations
- Cover the battery, power distribution box and air filter assembly to prevent water damage when cleaning the engine
- Take care when using a power washer to clean the engine. The high pressure could penetrate the sealed parts and cause damage
- Do not spray a hot engine with cold water. Doing so could crack the engine block and/or damage other engine components
- Spray Motorcraft Engine Shampoo and Degreaser on all parts that require cleaning, and pressure rinse clean. In Canada, use Motorcraft Engine Shampoo. Note: If the vehicle has an engine cover, remove it before applying Motorcraft Engine Shampoo and Degreaser. Immediately rinse away any overspray
Why Clean the Ford Bronco Sport Underbody?
Keeping the underbody of your Bronco Sport vehicle free of dirt and other contaminants helps keep all its components operating.
Cleaning Your Ford Bronco Sport SUV at Home
If you're one to spend a weekend afternoon washing then admiring your Ford Bronco Sport vehicle, then we have some recommendations to get the best shine for your time:
- Wash the vehicle regularly with cool or lukewarm water and a neutral pH shampoo; we recommend Motorcraft Detail Wash
- Never use strong household detergents or soap; for example, dishwashing or laundry liquid. These products can discolor and spot painted surfaces
- Never wash the vehicle when it is hot to the touch, or in strong or direct sunlight
- Dry the vehicle with a chamois or soft terry cloth towel to eliminate water spotting
- Immediately remove fuel spillages, bird droppings, insect deposits and road tar. These may cause damage to the vehicle's paintwork or trim over time. Motorcraft Bug and Tar Remover is recommended
- Remove any exterior accessories, such as antennas, before entering a car wash
Note: Suntan lotions and insect repellents can damage painted surfaces. If these substances come in contact with the vehicle, wash the area as soon as possible.
How to Clean the Ford Bronco Sport Headlamps
- Do not scrape the headlamp lenses or use abrasives, alcoholic solvents or chemical solvents to clean them
- Do not wipe the headlamps when they are dry
How to Clean the Ford Bronco Sport Wheels
To keep a shine on your wheels, just:
- Regularly clean them with a Ford-approved wheel cleaner if available
- Remove dirt and brake dust with a sponge
- Remove tar and grease with a Ford-recommended bug and tar remover if available
- Thoroughly rinse the wheels with water after cleaning
- Never clean the wheels when they are hot
- Be aware that some commercial car washes may damage wheel rims and covers
- Be cautious with cleaners. Some harsh cleaning products, chrome wheel cleaners or abrasive materials could cause damage
- Check page 287 of your Ford Bronco Sport Owner's Manual for a full list of approved cleaning products
Tips for Washing Your Ford Bronco Sport SUV
- Wash or wipe your hands clean if you have been in contact with products such as insect repellent and suntan lotion to avoid possible damage to the interior painted surfaces
- Do not allow air fresheners and hand sanitizers to spill onto interior surfaces. If a spill occurs, wipe off immediately. Your warranty may not cover resultant damage
If a staining liquid like coffee or juice has been spilled on the instrument panel or on interior trim surfaces:
- Wipe up spilled liquid using a clean, soft cloth as quickly as possible
- Use Motorcraft Premium Leather and Vinyl Cleaner or a commercially available leather cleaning product for automotive interiors. Test any cleaner or stain remover on an inconspicuous area
- Alternatively, wipe the surface with a clean, soft cloth and a mild soap-and-water solution. Dry the area with a clean, soft cloth
- If necessary, apply more soap-and-water solution or cleaning product to a clean, soft cloth and press it onto the soiled area. Allow this to set at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Remove the soaked cloth, then with a clean, damp cloth rub the soiled area for one minute
- Dry the area with a clean, soft cloth
Motorcraft® es una marca registrada de Ford Motor Company.