¿Cómo puedo usar Terrain Management System en mi Ford Explorer?
Our Terrain Management System™ comes standard on the Ford Explorer® SUV and includes multiple Selectable Drive Modes. Each drive mode is designed to help you tackle and respond to different road conditions — from sand to snow and just about everything in between.
To use the Terrain Management System in your Explorer:
- Simply locate the button on your center console to shuffle through available drive modes
- As you twist the dial, the digital cluster in your SUV will display a matching animation for each setting
- Once you land on your preferred drive mode, your Explorer will automatically adjust to your selection
When you turn your Explorer off and on again, the Terrain Management System will automatically reset to “Normal” — the default drive mode.
Available Drive Modes
If you have an Explorer equipped with rear-wheel drive (RWD), you’ll have access to six Selectable Drive Modes:
- Normal – the default drive mode, great for everyday road conditions
- Eco – maximizes fuel efficiency to help you drive farther
- Sport – increases accelerator pedal response, engages lower gears longer so you can go faster and makes every drive a thrill
- Tow/Haul – provides boosted pulling power for trailers and heavy loads
- Slippery – limits torque to prevent slipping or sliding on gravel, ice, packed snow, water or thin coatings of sand
- Trail – allows for wheel spin to help maintain momentum, especially helpful off road on muddy, rutted, soft or uneven ground
If you have an Explorer equipped with Intelligent 4WD, you’ll have access to seven Selectable Drive Modes — the same six included with RWD models, plus one more:
- Deep Snow/Sand – helps you plow through heavy snow and soft dry sand or get unstuck if you’re in too deep
Siempre consulta el Manual del Propietario antes de conducir en superficies todo terreno. Además, estudia el terreno y sus dificultades, y utiliza equipos de seguridad apropiados.