Hábitos para una Batería Adecuada
Take care of your all-electric Ford vehicle battery with just a few simple tips and tricks:
- Maintain a consistent, daily charge level of 20% to 90% – only charging up to 100% when you think you’ll really need it (like on a road trip!)
- Charge mainly at Level 1 and 2 AC charging stations, for instance:
- By using a Ford Connected Charge Station or Ford Charge Station Pro when you're charging at home
- Or by using FordPass™*,** and the BlueOval™ Charge Network to find and activate Level 2 public chargers when you're on the go and have a little extra time
- Try to only use DC Fast Chargers for those longer trips or more urgent situations (to discover more about different types of chargers, check out our article on AC and DC charging stations)
- Park in garages and covered areas to keep your battery from getting too hot or too cold – and be sure to stay plugged-in when it dips below 40° F outside
- Avoid hard acceleration, abrupt stops and excessive speed
Plus, use your center console display or FordPass to set departure times. This tells your EV to precondition before you plan to leave by pre-heating or pre-cooling your vehicle cabin and battery (which is especially helpful if the weather outside is under 40° F or over 85° F).
- Set a max charge level (we recommend no more than 90% for everyday driving)
- Leave your truck parked and plugged in at a Level 2 AC charger
Then, your truck will do all the work to keep its battery within an optimal temperature range and the cabin just how you like it – in turn, helping to preserve vehicle battery range.
You can find more battery-related information in your Manual del Propietario.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Usa sistemas operados por voz cuando sea posible; no uses dispositivos portátiles mientras conduces. Es posible que algunas características estén desactivadas cuando el vehículo está en marcha. No todas las características son compatibles con todos los teléfonos.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Se pueden aplicar tarifas por mensajes de texto y datos.