How do I start my Ford vehicle?
FordPass®* offers numerous convenient ways to effortlessly start your journey, including starting your vehicle. Start options will vary, as they are - year, make, model, and trim level specific. See the options below for more details.
Manual Start Options
- Key Fob - The most traditional way of starting your vehicle. This requires your key fob to be inserted into the ignition and turned in order for the engine to turn on.
- Push-Start - Also known as Intelligent Access Key, once the vehicle detects the fob inside the cabin, depress the brake and press the vehicle's Start button.
Remote Start Options
- Key Fob – using your properly equipped key fob, you are able to select the lock button followed by your remote start button twice (has the 2x icon). This key sequence should cause your headlamps to flash two times and your engine to start.
- SYNC/FordPass® Connect** - The original remote start in FordPass. Press and hold on the Start icon located on the Home landing screen.
- Phone As A Key™*** - Offered on select model vehicles, press and hold the Start icon located on the Phone as a Key landing page.
How do I use Remote Start with FordPass?
How do I use Phone As A Key?
What do I do if my keys are locked in my vehicle and I cannot use FordPass?
*La Aplicación FordPass, compatible con algunas plataformas para smartphone, está disponible a través de una descarga gratuita. Se pueden aplicar tarifas por mensajes de texto y datos.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. La tecnología que evoluciona/red móvil/capacidad del vehículo pueden limitar la funcionalidad e impedir el funcionamiento de las características conectadas. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.
***Feature is available on select vehicles. Features may vary based on model year, trim, options, packages, and supply availability. Use the Build and Price tool to view feature availability on current models. If you have questions or need more information, reference your Manual del Propietario or contact your Concesionario Ford. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle. Refer to your Manual del Propietario para conocer los detalles y las limitaciones.