How do I remoto start* my Ford?
You can use the FordPass®** App or your key fob to remotely start your vehicle.
Starting Vehicle Remotely
Choose your preferred method from the drop-down options below:
Remote Start Using the FordPass Aplicación
Before you begin, ensure the following pre-conditions are met:
- Your vehicle is equipped with FordPass® Connect†.
- Your vehicle has been added to FordPass.
- Your vehicle is activated.
- Open the FordPass App.
- Navigate to the Home landing page.
- Press and hold the Engine Start button to start your vehicle.
- An alert will be displayed once your vehicle has started successfully.
- The alert banner displays for 10 seconds.
- After selecting to remote start, your vehicle can run for five, ten, or fifteen minutes before shutting off.
- To configure your run duration, review the Extend Remote Start steps.
- If your vehicle fails to automatically shut off, you will be notified.
- If you are experiencing issues, please try the Solución de Problemas con el Arranque Remoto steps.
- If you attempted to troubleshoot and the issue continues, select to contact a Guide for additional support.
Remote Start Using a Key Fob
La característica de Arranque Remoto disponible te permite arrancar tu vehículo desde 300 pies de distancia. The Remote Start button (2X) is located on your key fob transmitter, which has an extended operating range.
Watch the video and read the instructions below to learn more about using the Remote Start feature in your vehicle.
To remote start your vehicle:
- Press the Lock button on your key fob to lock all the doors.
- Press the Remote Start button (2X) twice. Steps must be done within 3 seconds.
- The exterior lamps will flash twice, and the vehicle will start.
- For some vehicles, a light on your remote will let you know whether your car started.
- The horn will sound if the system fails to start unless Quiet Start is on. Quiet Start runs the blower fan at a slower speed to reduce noise. You can switch it on or off in the information display.
- The power windows will not work during the Remote Start and the radio will not turn on automatically.
- The parking lamps will remain on, and the vehicle will run for 5, 10, or 15 minutes, depending on the setting.
- Only use Remote Start when your vehicle is outside in a well-ventilated area.
- You can disable or enable the Remote Start system through the information display.
- Check your local and state laws for any restrictions on Remote Start systems.
*Automatic transmission only.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Se pueden aplicar tarifas por mensajes de texto y datos.
† FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. La tecnología en evolución / las redes celulares / la capacidad del vehículo pueden limitar la funcionalidad y evitar el funcionamiento de las características conectadas. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspots.