Feature Highlight: 5.X Series Summary
Expedition Platinum shown with optional features and available Ford Accessories.
5.X series software update starting in September 2023
What Version 5.X Series Software Update Does
The 5.X series software update provides a number of in-vehicle feature improvements. These software updates vary by vehicle model.
Which Vehicles Are Receiving This Software Update Series
Most Ford owners with the following vehicles will have started receiving this 5.X series software update beginning in early September:
- 2022 and 2023 Ford Expedition® SUV
- 2021, 2022, and 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E® SUV
- 2023 Ford Super Duty® truck
Please note this is a phased rollout and not all owners will receive these updates at the same time. Check the FordPass® App* or your in-vehicle settings for your latest software updates.
What’s Included in This Software Update Series
The 5.X series includes a variety of software improvements, new features, and quality recalls for the following models:
- 2022 and 2023 Expedition:
- Improvements to B&O Sound System, Power Folding Mirrors, Power Steering Control, and Liftgate.
- New features include Dual Phone, and Wi-Fi Captive Portal.
- 2021, 2022, and 2023 Mustang Mach-E:
- Improvements to power liftgate performance.
- New features include DC fast charging preconditioning.
- 2023 Super Duty:
- Improvements to trailer profile, directional compass, modem connectivity, power seat, and 12V battery performance.
- Recalls for 23S46 Pro Trailer Hitch Assist and 23S37 front windows.
Visita el software updates knowledge base to learn how to view your latest software update details, visit your FordPass App, or check in-vehicle settings for your latest software version.
Where You Can Find the 5.X Series Software Update in Your Vehicle
You can find more details on this latest software update series on your in-vehicle touchscreen by selecting Settings > Software Update. You can also find details in your FordPass App account under Vehicle > Features & Settings > Software Updates. Please note availability of the software update series and features varies by model and is subject to change.
*FordPass® Connect, the FordPass® App, and complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Los servicios conectados y las características dependen de la disponibilidad de la red de AT&T compatible. La tecnología que evoluciona/red móvil/capacidad del vehículo pueden limitar la funcionalidad e impedir el funcionamiento de las características conectadas. El servicio conectado no incluye hotspot Wi-Fi.