The Ford Active Park Assist System Is not Working. ¿Qué Hago?
Issue: The system does not search for a parking space.
- You may have switched the traction control off.
- La transmisión está en reversa (R). El vehículo se debe estar moviendo hacia adelante para detectar un espacio para estacionar.
Issue: The system does not offer a parking space.
- The sensors may be blocked. For example, snow, ice, or dirt buildup. Blocked sensors can affect how the system functions.
- There is not enough room in the parking space for your vehicle to safely park.
- There is not enough space for the parking maneuver on the opposite side of the parking space.
- The parking space is more than 5 ft (1.5 m) or less than 2 ft (.5 m) away.
- The vehicle speed is greater than 22 mph (35 km/h) for parallel parking or greater than 19 mph (30 km/h) for perpendicular parking.
- You recently disconnected or replaced the battery. After you reconnect the battery, you must drive your vehicle on a straight road for a short period of time.
Issue: The system does not correctly position your vehicle in a parking space.
- Your vehicle is rolling in the opposite direction of the current transmission position. For example, rolling forward when in reverse (R).
- An irregular curb along the parking space prevents the system from correctly aligning your vehicle.
- Vehicles or objects bordering the space may not be correctly parked.
- Your vehicle stopped too far past the parking space.
- The tires may not be correctly installed or maintained. For example, not inflated correctly, improper size, or of different sizes.
- A repair or alteration changes the detection capabilities.
- A parked vehicle has a high attachment. For example, a salt sprayer, snowplow, or moving truck bed.
- The parking space length or position of parked objects changes after your vehicle passes the space.
- The temperature around your vehicle quickly changes. For example, driving from a heated garage into the cold, or after leaving a car wash.
If you are still experiencing issues, contact your Concesionario Ford to have your vehicle serviced.
Las características de asistencia para el conductor son complementarias y no reemplazan la atención, el juicio del conductor ni la necesidad de controlar el vehículo. Manual del Propietario para conocer los detalles y las limitaciones.