What do I do if I am at an Electrify America® charge station and it is not working with my vehicle?
If you are at an Electrify America charge station and you cannot get your electric vehicle (EV) to start charging, make sure you have completed the setup in the FordPass App®* and follow the troubleshooting steps located in this article.
Requirements for Charging Your EV
If you have not already done so:
- Activate your modem.
- Add your vehicle to the FordPass®* App.
- Activate your BlueOval™ Charge Network access.
- Enable Plug & Charge in the FordPass App.
Troubleshooting an Unsuccessful Charging Attempt
Once the above steps are completed:
- Unplug the connector from your vehicle and make sure the station resets.
- Once the station resets, re-plug the connector into your vehicle. Your charge should start; if charging does not start, follow the steps below to activate the charger using the FordPass App:
- Select View Chargers or locate the charge station through the FordPass App map.
- Tap on the charge station you are located at.
- Select the charger name or number in the app that matches the Charge Station ID you wish to activate.
- Press Activate, and your charge session should begin.
- If your charge session does not begin or you get a “Fault” message, please contact Ford Customer Service by going to your Account page in the FordPass App and pressing on Call.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Se pueden aplicar tarifas por mensajes de texto y datos.