Can I use the FordPass®* App to connect to ChargePoint station?
Yes. ChargePoint stations are a part of the BlueOvalTM Charge Network.
Using ChargePoint stations
To unlock the charge coupler/connector from the station, you must first activate the charger using the FordPass App:
Important: If you plug in before you activate the charge station in FordPass App or your charge session does not begin and you receive an error:
- Ensure the vehicle is not charging.
- Unplug the charge cord.
- Once the charger is in the ready state. follow the steps below to activate your charge session through the FordPass App.
Connecting the Charge Station
- In the FordPass App, locate the charging station you're at by clicking “View Charger" or by looking for the charge station on the FordPass App map.
- Click on the charge station where you are located.
- If applicable, select DC CCS (DC Fast Charger) or J-1772 (Level 2 slower charger) depending on the speed you prefer or available.
- Select the charger station name or number in the app that matches Charge Station ID you wish to activate.
- Scroll down and press Activate.
- Once the screen shows ready, take the charge coupler/connector from the station and plug it into your vehicle. Debería comenzar la sesión de carga.
- If your charge session does not begin or you get a “Fault” message after these steps, please try a different charge station or select a different plug at the station.
- If changing to a different charge station does not correct the issue, please contact Ford Customer Service by pressing the Call button in the Help section of the FordPass App.
- Should the steps above not work, you may need to try a different method of payment such as using the card reader on the station (if available), or pay using the ChargePoint app.
*La Aplicación FordPass, compatible con algunas plataformas para smartphone, está disponible a través de una descarga gratuita. Se pueden aplicar tarifas por mensajes de texto y datos.